Anna Maria Island is the perfect vacation spot for Spring Break. It’s located along the Gulf of Mexico just south of Tampa and north of Sarasota. It boasts near perfect temperatures of around 77 during spring break, sure beats the snow up north, doesn’t it? So if you’re looking for a great spot to get away, look no further than Anna Maria Island!
Here are 10 things to do on Anna Maria Island for Spring Break
- Horseback riding on the beach. Palma Sola Bay located on Manatee Ave West offers just that! The waters are nice and calm, and it’s quite the unique experience, one to last a lifetime!
- Spend a day relaxing on the beach. We have quite a few to choose from. All have gorgeous white sand and crystal clear blue water, what more could you ask for?
- Take a snorkel or scuba trip. We have our very own shipwreck, Regina, an Archaeological Preserve. It’s located about 175 feet offshore in about 20 feet of water and marked with a buoy near 7th street.
- Rent kayaks or paddleboards and explore the mangroves. Not only are they great exercise, seeing the water from this vantage point is so much fun. You might even see a stingray, dolphin or manatee!
- Browse the beach market at Coquina Beach. It’s a unique market and a great place to pick up some local art, jewelry, fruits, and a keepsake.
- Take advantage of one of our many nature preserves, Robinson Preserve, Perico Preserve, and Coquina Baywalk to name a few.
- Visit some of our local breweries. We have Motorworks, Darwin Brewery, and 3 Keys Brewery; they’re all worth visiting during your stay.
- Go shopping on Pine Avenue, it’s full of colorful little shops and eateries. This little street is “Old Florida” at its finest.
- Go fishing! There are many places to fish either on land or by sea, and we have so many varieties of fish to catch and release or eat!
- Catch a sunset! We have the best sunsets!