Anna Maria Island is the perfect vacation spot for Spring Break. It’s located along the Gulf of Mexico just south of Tampa and north of Sarasota. It boasts near-perfect temperatures of around 77 during spring break, sure beats the snow up north, doesn’t it? So if you’re looking for a great spot to getaway, look no further than Anna Maria Island!
Here are 10 things to do on Anna Maria Island for Spring Break
- Horseback riding on the beach. Palma Sola Bay located on Manatee Ave West offers just that! The waters are nice and calm, and it’s quite a unique experience, one to last a lifetime!
- Spend a day relaxing on the beach. We have quite a few to choose from. All have gorgeous white sand and crystal clear blue water, what more could you ask for?
- Take a snorkel or scuba trip. We have our very own shipwreck, Regina, an Archaeological Preserve. It’s located about 175 feet offshore in about 20 feet of water and marked with a buoy near 7th street.
- Rent kayaks or paddleboards and explore the mangroves. Not only are they great exercise, seeing the water from this vantage point is so much fun. You might even see a stingray, dolphin or manatee!
- Browse the beach market at Coquina Beach. It’s a unique market and a great place to pick up some local art, jewelry, fruits, and a keepsake.
- Take advantage of one of our many nature preserves, Robinson Preserve, Perico Preserve, and Coquina Baywalk to name a few.
- Visit some of our local breweries. We have Motorworks, Darwin Brewery, and 3 Keys Brewery; they’re all worth visiting during your stay.
- Go shopping on Pine Avenue, it’s full of colorful little shops and eateries. This little street is “Old Florida” at its finest.
- Go fishing! There are many places to fish either on land or by sea, and we have so many varieties of fish to catch and release or eat!
- Catch a sunset! We have the best sunsets!