Fall isn’t usually thought of as vacation time in Florida, most people think of the leaf viewing up in the northern states. But really, fall is a perfect time to visit Anna Maria Island. It isn’t as crowded, and there are plenty of fun fall things to do.
- Bayfest is one of Anna Maria Islands’ most anticipated events. It is back for its 17th year on October 21st. Bayfest features music, crafts, and a food festival. It is family-friendly and free to the public. The free trolley service makes it so easy to get to!
- Vacation rental rates “fall” in the fall too! It’s easy to plan your perfect fall getaway.
- Fall also brings with it the start of Stone Crab season. Stone Crab Season begins on October 15th and runs through May 15th. 98% of stone crabs are caught in Florida’s waters. Did you know only the claw is retained? The crab gets thrown back into the water so it can regenerate another one.
- Sea turtles are hatching. They begin in May and end on Halloween. Did you know that a sea turtle nest is called a clutch? Or that on average, 110 eggs are laid in a clutch? Watching them race to the water is quite the experience.
- Pumpkin Spice is almost as common as the word fall. Head on over to the Donut Experiment for a Pumpkin Spice Latte, or have one of their made-to-order donuts!
- If you’re looking for fall color, look no further than our gorgeous orange sunsets! We have the best sunsets here, they don’t disappoint!
- Take a dip. The calendar may say fall, but here that doesn’t mean cold weather. Our water is still nice and warm, so it’s perfect for a trip to the beach.
- Farmer’s markets return in the fall! These are a perfect place to get some nice crispy fall fruits and vegetables.